What are we trying to achieve?
Classoos uses the service of GroupCall XporterOnDemand (“Xporter”) to integrate with the school MIS: SIMS, BromCom, RM Integris, iSAMS, Arbor, SchoolBase, ScholarPack, WCBS or Progresso. GroupCall works with many educational providers and their Xporter app gives school IT data management tools. You set up data-sharing permissions in Xporter and it works as a bridge between your MIS and Classoos.
Classoos uses Xporter to receive the following data from your MIS:
- First name and surname
- Email address – This is the user’s ID in Classoos
- Role – a teacher or a student
- Year group
- Study groups and their members
Classoos syncs to the MIS overnight and will reflect user and study group updates the next day:
- Create, maintain and manage user accounts
- Create, maintain and manage classes and groups
- Allocate textbooks to groups
How to set up the integration?
If GroupCall has already been installed in your school please skip step 1. If you need to install GroupCall please follow steps 1 and 2.
- Register your school and install XporterOnDemand – this link will take you to GroupCall’s support page where you can find up-to-date instructions on how to complete this process
- Share the relevant data with Classoos by using this link. Here are the instructions and a tutorial video.
Is it working?
Our support team will update you whether we get the data we need or not and if not they will contact you and suggest some potential solutions. They might ask you to submit a support ticket to GroupCall – in this case remember to record the number and forward it to us so we will be able to escalate your ticket.