We, at Classoos UK Ltd, and Classoos Ltd, our affiliate in Israel (“us”, “we” or “our”), put great efforts in making sure that we secure the personally identifiable information related to you (“Personal Information”) and use it properly.
This policy explains our privacy practices for processing Personal Information related to you as a user of our services (the “Services”), or as a visitor to our website available at: https://www.classoos.com/ or any of its subdomains (respectively, the “User” and “Site”).
We process Personal Information subject to the terms of this policy.
The summary of this policy will give you a quick and clear view of our practices. Please take the time to read our full policy.
Summary of The Policy
Overview of Our Services – We provide a cloud based digital textbook service and learning resources platform that allows schools or other educational organizations and teachers to enhance and distribute learning materials that students can access via their PC, tablet or smartphone. Read more.
What Type of Personal Information do We Collect? – We collect most of the Personal Information related to you through your use of our Services and while you visit our Site. Read more.
How do We Collect the Personal Information? – We collect the Personal Information related to you, directly from you, from third parties, such as your school or the and through the use of “cookies” on our Services and Site. Read more.
What do We do With Personal Information? – We collect the Personal Information related to you in order to provide you with our Services and for various business purposes. Read more.
Sharing Personal Information with third parties – We share Personal Information with our service providers as necessary to facilitate our business and Services. We will share such information when we change our corporate structure, and we will share the information with our affiliated entities. Read more.
Cross-border Transfer – We use cloud-based services to store and process Personal Information in the European Union and will transfer them to our service providers at additional jurisdictions as well. Such service providers provide us adequate security and confidentiality commitments. Read more.
How do We Secure the Personal Information? – We implement physical, electronic and organizational procedures to secure Personal Information related to you from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alternation or destruction. Read more.
Aggregated and Analytical Information – Aggregated data is not identifiable. We use standard analytical tools for legitimate business purposes. Read more.
Your Choice – You may opt-out of our mailing lists and terminate your use of our Site. Termination of our Services is subject to our Terms and Conditions document. Read more.
Accessing Personal Information Related to You – At any time you can request access to Personal Information related to you. Read more.
Your EU Data Subject Rights – If we process Personal Information related to you when you are in the EU, further terms apply to our processing in relation to your rights as a data subject under EU data protection laws. Read more.
Data Retention – We retain different types of Personal Information for different periods, depending on the purposes for processing the Personal Information, our legitimate business purposes as well as pursuant to legal requirements. Read more.
Contact us – Please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org, or at our offices located in Hallswelle House, 1 Hallswelle Road, London, NW11 0DH.
Overview of our Services
We provide a cloud based digital textbook service and learning resources platform, that allows schools and teachers to enhance and distribute learning materials that students can access via their PC, tablet or smartphone.
Online textbooks are similar to printed textbooks in terms of text and graphics, but we add additional features that can help you to study or teach, such as the option to highlight text, to bookmark pages, add and share any notes or links and to read the text aloud.
Among our Users, one can find students, teachers and schools or educational organizations, and their students, teachers or any other authorized staff.
What Type of Personal Information do We Collect?
You provide most of the Personal Information related to you through the registration and the login processes as well as while using our Services and our Site. Note, that you are not required by law to provide us with any information about you.
The Personal Information obtained from you, as a User, about the use of our Services and Site, includes:
- Full name;
- E-mail address;
- Phone number;
- ID number, where relevant;
- School year group;
- The classes and courses that you are taking part in;
- The city and country where you live in;
- The city and country of your school or educational organization;
- Your role (for example, if you are a student or teacher);
- Your picture (optional); and –
- Payment details, except for credit card information.
If you are a User or just visiting our Site, we will collect online usage information related to you, such as the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your access device to the internet or which content you have viewed or downloaded and the country that you are located at. In addition, we will collect information about the time and date of the log in, details about the device which is used while using the Services or the Site and about its screen size and resolution, operation system and the browser used by you, such as browser type, version, and time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system, and platform.
We also offer, through the ‘Contact Us’ form and links to our email address available on the Site, the opportunity to reach out to us. The Personal Information collected by us through such form, will only be used for the purpose of evaluating the subject matter of such form and contacting the person who sent it.
How do We Collect the Personal Information?
We collect the Personal Information related to you, directly from you, when you visit our Site or log in to our Services or otherwise contact us through our Site.
In addition, we also obtain Personal information related to Users from third parties such as educational organizations.
We also collect Personal Information from other commercially available sources. For example, if you link, connect or login to your Classoos account with a third-party service provider (e.g., Ministry of Education, Microsoft ® or Google ®), we receive certain information, such as your registration and profile information from that service. Such information varies and is controlled by that service or as authorized by you via your privacy settings at that service.
If you are a User, you can upload and share study materials, links to webpages which include video or audio, comments and messages, images and any other information which is required for administrative purposes. Please use caution when uploading such content and avoid any involuntary disclosure of Personal Information related to others without their consent (or based on any other lawful basis under applicable laws). You are solely responsible for ensuring that you have a valid legal basis for uploading Personal Information about other individuals using our Services.
Like many sites and services, we use “cookies” (for further information about cookies – see the “Cookies” section below), and we obtain information on your use of our Site and Services.
Processing Personal Information related to you is necessary in order to enable you to use our Site and Services.
What do We do With Personal Information?
We use the Personal Information we collect for all of the following purposes:
- To provide and improve our Services, and to enable Users to access digital content;
- To send Service-related updates, notices and announcements;
- To maintain our Site and Services;
- To study and analyze the functionality of the Services and Users’ activities;
- To provide our Users with customer support;
- To manage business relationships with our service providers;
- To comply with court orders and warrants, and assist law enforcement agencies and to take any action in any legal dispute and proceeding;
- For our recordkeeping and protection of our legal rights;
- For analytics purposes;
- To prevent fraud, misappropriation, infringements, identity thefts and any other misuse of the Services; and –
- To send you email, text messages, notifications or other messages or newsletters about us or our products and services, including through one of our service providers..
Cookies are small files that a web server sends to your device, when you browse online.
Every browser allows you to manage your cookies preferences. You can block or remove certain cookies, or all of them through your browser settings. Please bear in mind that blocking or removing cookies will influence your user experience with our Services.
Sharing Personal Information with Third Parties
We do not sell Personal Information related to you. We will share Personal Information related to you with our service providers and other third parties or with the school or educational organization that you are part of, as necessary to fulfill the purpose for collecting such information, according to this policy. Any such third party will commit to protect your privacy as required under applicable laws.
For example, we will share Personal Information related to you with third parties, such as:
- Service providers, business partners and our affiliates. We engage trusted third-party companies and individuals to facilitate or provide services on our behalf or to perform Site-related services and analysis for the purpose of providing and operating our Services. Such engagement will be only to the extent necessary.
- We would disclose or use Personal Information related to you to defend or enforce our legal rights and in accordance with any applicable laws.
- We will disclose, share or transfer Personal Information related to you in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of our assets or in the event of bankruptcy.
We store and process Personal Information mainly in Ireland, UK and Israel, and to our service providers in various other jurisdictions throughout the globe.
Whenever we transfer Personal Information related to you to third parties based outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), it will be to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for Personal Information by the European Commission or subject to specific contracts, or any other arrangement, approved by the European Commission and in accordance with applicable laws.
How do We Secure the Personal Information?
We maintain the confidentiality of Personal Information related to you and we take reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Information is accurate, complete, current and reliable for its intended use. We take reasonable measures to protect Personal Information related to you from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
We have put in place appropriate physical, electronic and organizational procedures to safeguard and secure Personal Information related to you from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration or destruction.
These measures provide sound industry standard security. However, although we make efforts to protect your privacy, we cannot guarantee that our Site or Services will be immune from cyber-attacks, malicious activities, malfunctions, honest mistakes or other types of abuse and misuse. We would appreciate it if you ensure that your passwords are not shared with anyone else and are kept securely.
Aggregated and Analytics Information
We use standard analytics tools. The privacy practices of these tools are subject to their own privacy policies and they use their own cookies to provide their service.
We use the standard analytics tools, such as Google Analytics, to learn about how you and our Users use our Site and Services, how we should improve your user experience and which improvements we should prioritize. We will use additional or other analytics tools, from time to time, in support of our Services-related activities and operations. The privacy practices of these tools are subject to their own privacy policies.
In order to find out how Google uses data when you use their services you can visit: http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
We use anonymous, statistical or aggregated information and will share it with our partners for legitimate business purposes. It has no effect on your privacy, because there is no reasonable way to extract data from the aggregated information that we or others can associate specifically to you.
At any time, you may opt-out of our marketing mailing list, or request that the Personal Information related to you will not be shared with our affiliates, business partners, and service providers, by contacting us. It may take up to ten (10) business days for your opt-out request to take effect. Please note that certain opt-out requests may require us to terminate your User account, for example, if transferring your personal details to a service provider is essential to provide our Services.
You can exercise your choices by contacting us at: email@example.com
Accessing Personal Information Related to You
If you find that the Personal Information that we keep about you is not accurate, complete or up-to-date, please provide us the necessary information to correct it.
At any time, you can contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org and request to access the Personal Information that we keep about you. We will ask you to provide us certain credentials to make sure that you are who you claim to be and to the extent required under applicable laws, will make good-faith efforts to locate the Personal Information that you request to access.
Your Rights as an EU Data Subject
Under EU data protection laws (“GDPR”), we will be considered a Data Processor with respect to the Services, and a Data Controller with respect to your use of our Site and when we communicate with you as a User, as such terms are defined therein. We base our processing of Personal Information (which is equivalent to the relevant term under the GDPR – “Personal Data”) as a Data Controller on the following lawful grounds:
- All processing of Personal Information related to you which are not based on the lawful grounds indicated below, are based on your consent.
- We process your Personal Information as a preliminary necessary step prior to initiating an engagement with you or as necessary for the performance of the Services agreement between you and us.
- We will process Personal Information related to you to comply with a legal obligation and to protect your and others’ vital interests.
- We will rely on our legitimate interests, which we believe are not overridden by your fundamental rights and freedoms, for the following purposes:
- Communications with you, including direct marketing where you make contact with us through our Site and other digital assets;
- Cyber security;
- Support, customer relations, Services operations;
- Enhancements and improvements to yours and other Users’ experience with our Services;
- Fraud detection and misuse of our Site and Services.
At any time, you can contact our Data Protection Officer at: email@example.com, and request to exercise your rights in accordance with the provisions provided by law:
- You are entitled to access the Personal Information that we keep about you together with information about how and on what basis the Personal Information is being processed and to rectify when such information is inaccurate. If you find that the Personal Information related to you is not accurate, complete or updated, then please provide us with the necessary information to correct it.
- You can contact us if you want to withdraw your consent to the processing of Personal Information related to you. Exercising this right will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
- You are entitled to request to delete or restrict access to Personal Information related to you in limited circumstances as described under the GDPR. If we need to delete Personal Information related to you following your request, it can take time until we completely delete residual copies of Personal Information related to you from our active servers
- You are entitled to request the transfer of Personal Information related to you in accordance with your right to data portability.
- You are entitled to object to the processing of Personal Information related to you, for example in relation to direct marketing.
- You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affecting you.
- You have the right to obtain a copy of or access to safeguards under which Personal Information related to you is transferred outside of the EEA.
- You have a right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority.
We will look into your query and make good-faith efforts to resolve any existing or potential dispute with you. Note that when you send us a request to exercise your rights, we will need to reasonably authenticate your identity and location. We will ask you to provide us credentials to make sure that you are who you claim to be and will further ask you questions to understand the nature and scope of your request.
Where we process Personal Information as part of the Services, as a Data Processor of our Users, we are committed to assist our Data Controllers to fulfil the above mentioned rights under the GDPR.
If you have any concerns about the way we process Personal Information related to you, you are welcome to contact our Data Protection Officer at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We retain different types of Personal Information for different periods, depending on the purposes for processing such information, our legitimate business purposes as well as pursuant to legal requirements.
We will maintain your contact details, to help us stay in contact with you. At any time before or after the termination of the Services, you can contact our Data Protection Officer at: email@example.com, and request to delete your contact details. Note that we may keep your details without using them unless necessary, and for the necessary period of time, for legal requirements and proceedings.
We will keep aggregated non-identifiable information without limitation, and to the extent reasonable we will delete or de-identify potentially identifiable information, when we no longer need to process the information.